General USA Drone Laws:
Drones currently may ONLY be used for recreational use in the United States. When using your drone please adhere to the guidelines below.
- Maintain sufficient distance from populated areas.
- Do NOT fly your drone higher than 400 feet.
- Stay away from airports and helicopters.
- Do NOT fly your drone beyond the line of sight.
- Do NOT fly a drone weighing more than 55lbs.
- Prior notice MUST be given to the airport operator and air traffic control tower when flying your drone within 5 miles of an airport.
Commercial USA Drone Laws:
- Commercial drone operations are currently prohibited in the United States.