There are currently only a small number of drone manufacturers that make drones that come exclusively with cameras with the ability to zoom in. At the moment, if you want your drone to have a camera that can zoom, you will need to buy the camera separately or ask specialist to fit a camera on for you. Whether you’re an aerial photographer or photojournalist, having a drone with the ability to zoom will definitely expand your camera and video capturing opportunities.
Also, there is no doubt that using drones instead of people to make visual inspections of high-rise (and hard to reach) properties is much safer; however, one main thing is still proving difficult and this is when the drone needs to position close enough for an inspection without risking damage to the property or the drone crashing. These problems will soon be thing of the past! The drones we have listed below have cameras that are able to make detailed close-up of structures from as far as 100-200 M away.
Please note, that the DJI Mavic Pro, which made our No5 list, is digital zoom only and not optical zoom like the rest. We decided to include this because the Mavic is rated highly among drone pilots and it is also affordable (compared to other drones with zoom functions!).
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere.
- New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range. Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.
- ActiveTrack, TapFly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless. True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footage
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.
- Quadcopter features strong carbon fiber arms lift out of sight, transforming the way you shoot and allowing 360-degree movement of the built-in camera.
- Shoot up to 4K video and capture 12 megapixel photos with the Inspire 1 camera and 3-axis gimbal, included.
- Supports up to two controllers, one for the drone operator and one for the camera operator.
- Optical flow technology allows stable flight of quadcopter drone indoors.
- Lightbridge technology is built-in and allows 720p live streaming from up to 2km away.
- DJI’s new propeller and installation kits feature a smoother, even more reliable locking mechanism. This optimization has drastically reduced the abrasion that is common with propeller installation, therefore prolonging the propeller’s overall service life.
- The new motor’s performance has also been improved, providing a greater sense of control.
- Included professional 4K camera and 3-axis stabilization gimbal (Zenmuse X5)
- Live, wireless HD video transmission via DJI Lightbridge
- Dedicated remote with flight and camera controls
- Zenmuse X5S Gimbal Camera Included
- Up to 5.2K Video / 20.8MP Still Images
- Micro 4/3 Sensor and Lens Mount
- CineCore 2.0 Image Processing
- Includes CinemaDNG/ProRes Record License
- Dual-Battery Design
- Accelerates to 50 mph in 4 Seconds
- 67 mph Maximum Velocity
- Advanced Obstacle Sensing
- Special Order Kit – Customers can return this package within 10 days from delivery date. Damaged units are ineligible for return. Any defect must be reported to eDigitalUSA within 10 Days of receipt (DJI requirement) and will receive a replacement through the standard exchange process.
- The Zenmuse Z30 is the most powerful integrated aerial zoom camera on the market with 30x optical and 6x digital zoom for a total magnification up to 180x. Whether you are inspecting cell towers or wind turbines, it enables you to get a detailed look at structures, wires, modules and components to detect damage.
- The Zenmuse Z30 offers a 30 times optical zoom with an additional 6 times digital zoom.
- CMOS, 1/2.8″ Effective Pixels: 2.13 M
- Supports TapZoom, One Key to 1x Image, Defog and more.