General New Zealand Drone Laws:
- Do NOT fly your drone over 400 feet.
- Do NOT fly your drone at night.
- Do NOT fly your drone within 4Km of an airfield.
- Do NOT operate your drone in a way that may cause a hazard, eg, near people or property.
- Know your responsibilities as pilot in command of a drone.
- Always fly your drone within line of sight.
- Before you fly your drone, check for airspace restrictions – controlled airspace, low-flying zones, danger areas, restricted areas and military operational areas.
- You must have clear visibility for at least 3 kilometers.
New Zealand Commercial Drone Laws:
Commercial drone operations are allowed in New Zealand as long as they comply with the above general regulations.
Last Updated: July 2015