Costa Rican Drone Regulations include that a person shall not operate an unmanned aircraft under the following conditions:
- In a restricted area, restricted (published in AIP Costa Rica), except with
permit and the conditions set by the Administrator.
- In the controlled airspace except with the permission and the conditions set by
- Within a radius of 8 km around an aerodrome, except with the permission and
conditions set by the Administrator. So that could be an obstacle to
another aircraft approaching or leaving a trail or landing area of an aerodrome.
- No person may operate an unmanned aircraft close enough to another
aircraft so that it can become a danger of collision.
- Can not operate above 400 feet (120 m) above the ground in the
uncontrolled airspace except with the permission and the conditions set by the
- Air activities can be performed with unmanned aircraft and one day
visual meteorological conditions, making night flights is subject to the
approval and conditions of the DGAC.
- unmanned aircraft can only operate in areas outside agglomerations
buildings in cities, towns or settlements, meeting people outdoors in
Last Updated: July 2015