The following must be accomplished prior to receiving commercial approval to fly in the Bermuda.
- Complete the Application
- Create an approved Operations Manual (to include communications procedures with Air Traffic Control and operations in and around the control zone)- we give guidance on how to construct an operations manual fit for purpose.
- Obtain a 3rd Class Medical Certificate
- Received Third Party Liability Insurance
- Pass written Air Law test (Based on Rules of The Air www.airsafety.aero under AN(OT)O 2013 Schedule 4)
- Pass practical flight test
Here is a summary of the key Bermudian drone regulations:
- You must maintain line of sight viewing.
- You must remain below 400 feet..
- It is illegal to fly over any congested areas and you must stay well away from airports.
- You may only fly your unmanned aircraft over your own property or property for which you have been given permission by the owner.
Last Updated: July 2015